Home | Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Author Topic: Pharmacy for the Soul  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Eva

• tanteva
  • One Chatty Angel

• Everything Eva
Pharmacy for the Soul
« on: September 08, 2007, 06:49:39 AM »
I read in a magazine that every person should have their own "Pharmacy for the soul", a collection of texts that meant something special for the person. Texts you like to read when your feeling down, stressed or whatever. Texts to lift your spirit. The idea being that when your not feeling well, you might just not feel like you're up to read, but if you have all the right words in one place it will be easier.

Guess the writer of the article meant for you to go and buy a note book and start writing, but being a scrapper you of course have to scrap it.

I've just started. I decided to make mine in 6x6'' and I have made two pages so far:

I've ordered a brand new album for this, and 10 page protectors. Hopefully I will get them next week.

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.

eastercross 2 Cor. 11:1  :swedan:

My gallery

Offline Karma

• Co-Founder of Faith Sisters
  • Administrator
  • Guardian Angel
  • KreativeKarma
    • The Kreative Korner
  • My Gallery: LOs
Re: Pharmacy for the Soul
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:06:38 AM »
This is awesome Eva. I love it! It reminds me of a scrapbookers version of the Gratitude Journal that Oprah started.

Wisdom From Oprah.com 6 Different Journals

What is the difference between the six journals?

Daily Journal — Write whatever you like here. This is your own private space for your general daily thoughts.

Gratitude Journal — Record five things you love every day. Your entire outlook on life will change because you will be looking for the things you are happy about to record later on in your journal.

Spa Girls Journal — Keep your exercise routine on track with your fitness goals! Record your best and worst fitness moments. How is it making you feel about your body today?

Discovery Journal — Get to know yourself by looking back. Remember how you felt, what you loved, were you afraid of, and dreamed of doing. As a child, a teen, and a young adult, what are the themes taking place in your life?

Health Journal — Your goals, successes and challenges. It's good for your body and soul. How are you treating your body?

Create Your Own Journal — You can name it whatever you like. It's yours!

From the Wise Oprah.com

-The "Who Am I?" Journal-

Who am I? It's a lifelong question. It's not about the stuff…"I'm a mom," or "I'm a good employee"—it's "When I was born, what was the plan for my life?"
    Write in this journal every night. There will be some nights where you are going to write, "I don't know." But if you work on this question every day you are going to start recognizing that it is this very question that you've been avoiding in your life. You've stopped yourself from feeling. This is about getting those feelings to return. It's going to be a struggle and confusing to really start pondering, "Who Am I?" but don't minimize what could happen if you make a commitment every night to be writing something about who you are. -

ALSO:

Create a "What I Enjoy" List

As simple as this may sound, it is very important for you to make one. This list should include everything that brings you pleasure and passion in life. If you aren't sure what brings you joy right now, think back to what used to bring you joy? This may require some exploration, but what did you do when you were a little kid that brought a smile on your face? Did you used to go horseback riding? Walk outside in a garden? Whatever it may be, write it down. This list doesn't mean that you have to do them every day. It's just to make you aware that there are things in the world that do make you feel alive. If you are able to do something you enjoy at least once a week, do it and help yourself feel alive in that moment. You have to behave the way you want to feel before you feel the way you are behaving! It's about opening yourself up to a new experience, or something that you stopped doing. Try to discover what it feels like to look or feel differently from the "not enoughness" you have been putting into your head for a long time now. When you start doing this you will launch yourself back into aliveness! -

AND FINALLY:

What should I write about?

Writing helps clarify feelings. Choose a topic each day, and let your mind go. Start writing words. And follow your feelings.

•Did something happen to you today that made you upset or joyful?
    •What did you discover about yourself or the world?
    •Is there something from the past that you wish you could take back or do over to make it right?
    •What are your needs?
    •What are your desires?
    •What are you most afraid of doing?
    •What are you afraid of not doing?
    •What are you curious about?
    •What issues are unresolved for you?
    •What do you love to do, experience, and feel?
    •What kinds of things in your life do you want to build on?
    •Find a photo or an image. What does it make you feel?

So what this all means is that I need to reinvent myself and get back on track. I will be using the Oprah resource to help me take my life back to where I am happy with myself fully!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

Offline Jackie

• Seraph
    • Luv 2 Create
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »
This is so cool. My neighbor and I meet every Saturday morning to discuss our weight loss journey for the week and it always turns into a bible study for me! Just this morning she showed me her journal where she has been writing bible verses that have meaning to her and help her through "the good, the bad, and the ugly" so to speak. :D As soon as I saw her journal I thought I would alter a composition book and do the same thing! Isn't it awesome how God affirms something you had just discussed hours earlier?!

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:54:44 PM »
Isn't it awesome how God affirms something you had just discussed hours earlier?!

Another little fingerprint from God!  It always amazes me too!  similar things happened that led us to start this site!  Just pumps you up so much doesnt it!!!!

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »
I absolutely love the idea of the pharmacy for the soul!  I must get started on one of these!

Offline JackieAnn

• One Chatty Angel
  • R.I.P. Sister
    • ~ScrappieJackie~
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
Our pastor talked about this awhile back...and one of the things he mentioned to include were cards or notes someone sent to you that had special meaning...so that when you read them again they would give you that ~warm fuzzy~ feeling~

Offline Eva

• tanteva
  • One Chatty Angel

• Everything Eva
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 01:29:31 AM »
Our pastor talked about this awhile back...and one of the things he mentioned to include were cards or notes someone sent to you that had special meaning...so that when you read them again they would give you that ~warm fuzzy~ feeling~

Great idea! TFS

My gallery

Offline Anne

• Arc Angel

• Papercutz and Praisez
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »
This thread is chocked full of great ideas- definately must start this!  I already do similar in my Spiritual journal- but this is a great expansion on the start I have. 

~Anne

:blackcat:
<><~~~~~~<><~~~~~~<><~~~~~~~~~<><

"I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing:
to live with Him in His house my whole life long.
I'll contemplate His beauty;
I'll study at his feet."
Ps 27:4

Offline Connie Jean

• Angel
    • Grace Blessings
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
Wowsers... thanks for sharing all of these ideas Ladies. Keep 'em coming. I'm gonna have to get a notebook and take down some notes...
Connie Jean - wife to John ... Momma to Hannah & Benjamin ... Daughter of the King
Grace Blessings
Scrapping Your Faith

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. ~Colossians 3:16-17

Offline Melissa C.

• Prayer Team
  • Angel

• Melissa Creates
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »
Just found this thread and am so glad I did!! Thanks Connie Jean for bringing it back to the top!!
Proud Momma of Kendra 6 and Natalie 3

http://melissaccreates.blogspot.com/

Offline Laurie

• byHismercyandgrace
  • Angel
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
How did I miss this thread!!!!

Thanks for sharing ladies!
Great ideas here!

Laurie

My Gallery

Offline Nikki

• scrapwithnikki
  • Angel

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:07:09 PM »
 :yahoo: this is a FAB thread and now of course I HAVE to make one too!
I love the 6x6 idea!
Nikki Painter
--------------
ScrapWithNikki.com

Offline Connie Jean

• Angel
    • Grace Blessings
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:40 PM »
you are very welcome Melissa. I check out all threads as I can. Lots of information here from when they first started this forum perhaps? I like the 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 size!
Connie Jean - wife to John ... Momma to Hannah & Benjamin ... Daughter of the King
Grace Blessings
Scrapping Your Faith

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. ~Colossians 3:16-17

Offline Eva

• tanteva
  • One Chatty Angel

• Everything Eva
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 12:15:20 AM »
Well, I'm glad I've been here since almost the beginning - I wouldn't wanna sit now and trying to catch up  :)

My gallery

Offline Natalie C.

• Lalysc
  • Creative Team ~ Digital
  • Arc Angel
    • Natalie's Nook
  • My Gallery: LOs
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »
What great Ideas.  I need to get going on a journal of some sort again.  I used to write in a daily journal before I was married and had kids, but kinda got out of the habit.  I'd love to have a place to put verses or inspiring quotes in to keep me uplifted when I need it.  Thanks so much for the wonderful ideas.