Home | Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Author Topic: Gods Fingerprints Journal  (Read 846 times)

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
Gods Fingerprints Journal
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:13:33 AM »
If you are like me....you forget things so easily. My kids will say funny things and I will think that I will remember...but the next day I can't remember what it was that they said.  That happens with everything for me unless I write it down.

I keep a small notebook with me in my purse (well that is where I try to always keep it!)  When I discover a God moment or anything that I want to remember I write it down in my journal. 

Sometimes just going back through and reading that journal is enough to give me goose pimples.  Seeing how God moves in my life just amazes me all the time!

This little journal is a powerful tool for me when it comes time to sit down and work on my faithbooks!  I can flip through and decide which moment I want to work on.  Just having the moments recorded gives me a feeling of obedience because I have at least documented  His fingerprints in my life...even if they never get scrapbooked...they will still be there to pass along the legacy!

Offline Karma

• Co-Founder of Faith Sisters
  • Administrator
  • Guardian Angel
  • KreativeKarma
    • The Kreative Korner
  • My Gallery: LOs
Re: Gods Fingerprints Journal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
Thanks for posting this Michelle. I have all those little books around my house, but I always forget to write down things like that... it's usually something I see on an infomercial that I want to look up online later! LOL!

I will be designating one of those little books for my Gods Fingerprints Journal now! HEY, Maybe we can do a challenge to make one of those! Yep! That's what we will just have to do!  ;)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:13:35 PM »
fabulous idea!  That would be such a great way to get everyone started on keeping a God's fingerprints journal!!

Offline Jackie

• Seraph
    • Luv 2 Create
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:52:17 PM »
I never thought of jotting those things down! Thanks for the great suggestion Michelle! Karma, GREAT IDEA! Are you thinking an altered book or something else?

Offline Karma

• Co-Founder of Faith Sisters
  • Administrator
  • Guardian Angel
  • KreativeKarma
    • The Kreative Korner
  • My Gallery: LOs
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:41:37 PM »
Yeah, like an altered composition book!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1

Offline Jackie

• Seraph
    • Luv 2 Create
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:11:22 PM »
cool, count me in when you post the challenge

Offline Tammy

• Angel

• The Journey
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »
I like this idea...definitely one we need to do!

Offline Dahlia

• Arc Angel

• Creative Faith Studio
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »
Karma, I'm like you --- my journals can be found in every room! LOL!   ;D

But, its funny because I hadn't read this post until today (don't know why) but, just the other day I went out and bought a small journal to fit in my purse for those random moments that God would reveal things to me or when my kids would utter silly remarks that I'd otherwise forget if I didn't write them down...  I never thought of it as God's fingerprints which makes perfect sense...thanks Michelle! :thuu:

Anyways, I recently altered a journal as my "creative journal" if you will, which I record my creative/scrapbooking/design ideas in but, an altered
journal for God's Fingerprints would be such a great project!  I would love to do this!  Look forward to the details for this challenge.... :woot:

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:2