Home | Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Author Topic: Two Minute Memories  (Read 393 times)

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
Two Minute Memories
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:59:13 AM »
Stacy Julian, founding editor of Simple Scrapbooks magazine, developed a technique called "2 Minute Memories."  It is designed to help you capture the feelings and memories that matter. 

First, find a quiet, comfortable place where you won't be disturbed. Play inspirational music if it helps you to focus.  Set a timer for one minute.

Next, focus your memories.  For one minute, mentally and spiritually visit your topic.  If it's a place, set yourself in the middle.  If it's a specific event, watch the details unfold.  Try to feel the emotions that accompany your thoughts, whether they be excitement, sadness, courage or joy. 

Now it's time to write.  When the timer goes off, spend the next minute writing down everything that step 2 just brought to mind.  Don't worry about grammar and spelling, you can fix those later.

Offline Patter

• identicaltriplets
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Triple the Scraps
Re: Two Minute Memories
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »
This is so cool!  I will have to try this.  I am SO bad about journaling!

Offline Tammy

• Angel

• The Journey
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:50:42 PM »
Are you talking about those mini albums that are geared towards moms, dads, children, etc...each one is different??  I bought a bunch of these when our LSS went out of business...made awesome gifts...I made one for my Dad & Mom and my father in law and mother in law.  These are great!

Offline Michelle

• Co-Owner of Faith Sisters
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrappy Angel
    • Get Crafty Studios
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:58:53 PM »
Just journaling that you can later add to your layouts.